BROOKLYN — With gun violence on the rise, NYPD officers arrested alleged gang members tied to 11 shootings as a part of a predawn operation in Brooklyn.
Prosecutors charged 14 alleged members of the Babiiez: a youthful subset of the Insane Crip Gangsta road gang. The oldest individual charged within the 81-count indictment is 21.
“It’s disturbing that younger individuals in our communities are engaged in the kind of brazen and mindless gun violence described on this indictment,” Brooklyn District Lawyer Eric Gonzalez stated.
The NYPD investigation targeted on “higher echelons” of the group, Commissioner Dermot Shea stated.
“Our case targeted on the violent road crime that has too typically shattered life for many who reside and work in our Brooklyn neighborhoods,” he stated.
The alleged gang members labored out of Flatbush in an space they known as “The Fort,” officers stated. The police investigation discovered they allegedly boasted about crimes on social media and in recorded Rikers Island jail cellphone calls.
Prosecutors recognized these charged as:
- Tristian Williams, 19, of East New York, Brooklyn.
- Jaden Occean, 18, of Prospect Lefferts Gardens, Brooklyn.
- Timothy Spence, 17, of Flatbush, Brooklyn.
- Moustapha Diop, 19, of Flatbush, Brooklyn.
- Jahmaree Dublin, 19, of East Flatbush, Brooklyn.
- Malik Bacchus, 19, of Crown Heights, Brooklyn.
- Kymani Salkey, 18, of Crown Heights, Brooklyn.
- Amath Kebe, 18, of East Flatbush, Brooklyn.
- Jarell Swan, 18, of Clinton Hill, Brooklyn.
- Darius Omotunde, 19, of Crown Heights, Brooklyn.
- Abu Gaye, 19, of Crown Heights, Brooklyn.
- Bobby Thomas, 20, of East New York, Brooklyn.
- Malik Harry, 21, of Crown Heights, Brooklyn.
- Krisaiya Blount, 16, East New York, Brooklyn.
Prices embody: first-, second- and fourth-degree conspiracy, second-degree tried homicide, first- and second-degree theft, second-degree prison possession of a weapon, second-degree assault, fourth-degree grand larceny, first-degree reckless endangerment, fourth-degree prison facilitation and false personation.