NEW YORK — Discover the newest info on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York state and New York Metropolis, together with information on optimistic circumstances and different indicators, and data from native officers.
Mayor de Blasio proclaims 2022 Price range settlement
- $98.7 billion funding
- $2.8 billion has been added to the town’s reserves, together with first-time ever “Wet Day Fund”
- Purpose is to carry financial system, tourism again
- Bringing children again to high school in September, shut COVID achievement hole and work on educational and emotional wants of kids
- Push on literacy, together with pilot program the place two lecturers can be put into school rooms of faculties with high-need
- Public security = Restoration
- Investments in grassroots options in gun violence
- “We want a restoration for all of us,” the mayor stated.
- Metropolis Council Speaker Corey Johnson: For the primary time ever, each college will obtain 100% of funding
- Guarantee each college may have a social employee
- Investing in smaller class sizes
- New literacy program
- “These are essential steps in serving to our younger individuals get better from the previous 16 months,” Johnson stated.
- Johnson: Reversed cuts that occurred final yr (Ex: parks, sanitation companies)
- $2.8 million LGBTQ curriculum package deal, investing $5 million in LGBTQ group companies and $4.2 million in trans fairness initiatives
- Councilmember Mark Treyger: 500 new social employees,$27 million for literacy curriculum, $6 million for each NYC highschool, $5 million for psychological well being continuum to name specialists reasonably than 911.
- NYPD price range appears to have elevated this yr: A part of the rise is for IT wants. We labored on additional time. Couldn’t totally cut back it, however it’s been considerably decreased.
States hesitant to undertake digital COVID vaccine verification
Prospects desirous to wine, dine and unwind to dwell music on the Metropolis Vineyard’s flagship restaurant in New York should present proof of a COVID-19 vaccination to get in. However that’s not required at most different eating institutions within the metropolis. And it’s not vital at different Metropolis Vineyard websites across the U.S.
If Metropolis Vineyard tried doing such a factor at its locations in Atlanta and Nashville, “we might haven’t any enterprise, as a result of so many individuals are mainly in opposition to it,” stated CEO Michael Dorf.
Little one tax credit score opt-out: When is the deadline?
In accordance with the IRS, some individuals could need to unenroll in the event that they “anticipate the quantity of tax you owe to be higher than your anticipated refund if you file your 2021 tax return.” As a result of the funds are being paid upfront, “each greenback you obtain will cut back the quantity of Little one Tax Credit score you’ll declare in your 2021 tax return.”
Is concern of needles conserving you from COVID vaccine?
A mean wholesome individual will get a minimum of 165 needle sticks over a lifetime, primarily based on routine vaccinations and checks, in line with Harvard Well being. However might the concern of needles maintain you from getting vaccinated in opposition to COVID-19, which has claimed greater than 603,000 lives in the US?
NYC expands at-home COVID vaccination program to all eligible residents
New York Metropolis residents ages 12 and older can now join appointments to get vaccinated within the consolation of their dwelling without charge.
NY ends alcohol to-go and supply
New York eating places and bars will now not be allowed to promote alcohol by takeout or supply orders, the State Liquor Authority introduced Wednesday.
New monument honoring important employees to open in NYC on Labor Day
A brand new monument honoring important employees will open in New York Metropolis. The brand new Circle of Heroes Monument to Important Employees will open on Labor Day at Battery Park Metropolis in Decrease Manhattan.
NY COVID State of Emergency ends
New York’s COVID-19 State of Emergency, issued greater than 15 months in the past when the virus first overwhelmed the state, got here to an finish on Thursday.
New York, New Jersey and a number of other corporations nationwide are providing incentives for individuals who get vaccinated, together with free meals, drinks and a scratch-and-win ticket the place individuals have the possibility to win $5 million.
Newest official numbers
As of Tuesday, there have been 2,097,215 confirmed circumstances of COVID-19 since March 2020 and 42,967 fatalities, in line with information from the state.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; info can be being posted right here