(NEXSTAR) – A brand new rating of the very best “BBQ cities” in America has decided the nation’s premiere locations for high quality ‘cue.
The examine, performed by LawnStarter, an Austin-based lawn-care “concierge” service, ranked a complete of 199 American cities primarily based on three units of standards, together with entry to barbecue, the standard of native barbecue, and the prevalence of barbecue-based occasions and festivals. Factors had been awarded to every metro space primarily based on 14 weighted metrics, for a most whole of 100 factors.
The highest-ranked metropolis, by a large margin, was decided to be Kansas Metropolis, incomes a complete of 60.14 factors for its extremely rated barbecue and the variety of awards and contest winners that hail from the world. Oddly, nonetheless, Kansas Metropolis ranked 108th in entry to barbecue eating places, however it was finally “high quality over amount” that sealed the win.
“Sorry, Memphis. Kansas Metropolis tops our checklist of the Greatest BBQ Cities,” wrote LawnStarter in a June 29 weblog publish, which additionally detailed the town’s many World Sequence of Barbecue winners, in addition to a neighborhood ice cream parlor that serves a taste swirled with BBQ caramel sauce and candied burnt ends.
Chicago and Houston completed second and third, with 46.46 factors and 37.51 factors, respectively.
The highest 20 barbecue cities, as decided by LawnStarter, had been ranked as follows:
- Kansas Metropolis, Missouri (60.14 factors)
- Chicago, Illinois (46.46 factors)
- Houston, Texas (37.51 factors)
- Cincinnati, Ohio (35.88 factors)
- Memphis, Tennessee (34.08 factors)
- Louisville, Kentucky (31.47 factors)
- St. Louis, Missouri (29.86 factors)
- New York, New York (29.22 factors)
- Minneapolis, Minnesota (28.61 factors)
- Overland Park, Kansas (27.26 factors)
- Washington, D.C. (27.07 factors)
- Richmond, Virginia (26.47 factors)
- Denver, Colorado (25.33 factors)
- Los Angeles, California (25.30 factors)
- Omaha, Nebraska (25.22 factors)
- Atlanta, Georgia (25.08 factors)
- Grand Rapids, Michigan (24.64 factors)
- Austin, Texas (23.04 factors)
- Elk Grove, California (23.03 factors)
- Raleigh, North Carolina (22.87 factors)
LawnStarter made a particular observe of the “mouthwatering Midwest” cities for his or her sturdy displaying, totaling eight out of the highest 10 rankings. However that doesn’t imply there isn’t good barbecue elsewhere: Los Angeles was discovered to have essentially the most “top-rated” eating places, whereas Santa Rosa, California, had the “highest median ranking” for barbecue spots.
The complete checklist of 199 cities, from greatest to worst, will be discovered at LawnStarter.com.